Welcome to docproc’s documentation!¶
docproc is a simple content processing pipeline, which allows you to take arbitrary input data and to transform it to create output data of any kind.
docproc consists of a set of applications, which allow you to perform different transformation steps one after each other to achieve the desired result. Its design is based on the functional steps to be taken to get useful output out of raw data and can be described as follows:
- consume input content
- process content based on technical and functional requirements for the desired output
- output the processed content as necessary, by e.g. sending it to a different host, writing it to disk or consuming the result via a queue.
To enable scalability, each of those functional steps can be handled by a separate application of docproc. The applications are connected by message queues, they read from and write to. This allows you to scale individual parts or complete processing pipelines as required by your input and output scenarios.
docproc provides a rich set of features to process CSV, SAP RDI and JSON content, provided via file exchange or HTTP:
- validation and content enrichment using a simple to maintain rules engine
- text-driven transformation through golang’s mighty templating packages, such as HTML, XML, JSON, plain text and others
- transforming content easily through external commands
- HTTP transfer, message queue and file-based output
Since docproc uses a simple JSON-based message format internally, applying your own transformation routines via message queue consumers, HTTP receivers or file listeners is easily accomplished.